King Of The Hill SA
King of the Hill Grudge racing comes to Adelaide – THIS IS NOT TO BE MISSED!!
We will run a KOTH Street Outlaw and Pro Grudge Class Grudge race only at select nights throughout 2020, with the next event (Date to be TBA very soon) which have been HUGE as already run in Melbourne several times over the past years.
This is as close to the USA based Friday night Grudge racing as possible which occurs at most tracks in the South, ‘call outs’ take run priority, competitors are matched by drawing a number out of a hat, competitors all put buy-in money to make a prize pool and its pretty much “run what you brung”.
NO this is not Lights Out as that is an Outlaw Radial Drag race event at SGMP in Georgia USA (held by the famous Donald Long) – plus we will be turning the lights on when it gets dark so everyone can see where they are going (just kidding).
It’s a $250 pre entry buy-in competitors in each class whom race each other over the 1/8th mile (to level up the playing field), Pro Tree, Heads Up, Three Round Format, winner takes all – $5000 cash paid on the night (based on a minimum 25 entrants for each class). Entries close one week prior to the event – no exceptions!!!
All competitors may make a test hit between 3:30pm and 4:30pm, and run each elimination round at the times scheduled with the Final to be run at 9pm SHARP). We will not be waiting for anyone, and if you are not in the lanes to run your round you will record a DNF/Loss for that round. The two competitors with the most wins will race the final round. If there are more than two competitors with equal wins (ie three), then the competitor with the fastest ET from the previous round shall go to the final.
Plus Grudge Style VIP Start line experience (limited to the first 100 persons), arm bands may be purchased for $20 and signing an indemnity form at Credentials. This will entitle you to exclusive start line viewing for this event and you are expected to follow the usual start line protocol.
- Street Outlaw
– must be street registered & driven and actually driven into the track race day
– must have exhaust (min to diff)
– must run radial tyres (radial slicks not allowed)
- Pro Outlaw
– run whatever you bring
– must have swinging doors
– any induction type allowed
- Street Grudge
– First 50 Street cars to pre-enter will be accepted
– No cars faster than 10.0, or requiring Tech/ANDRA license
– As per regular Track guidelines, to run DYO format
– regular entry rules and regs
All vehicles must meet appropriate tech/safety requirements
- Heads up -Pro Tree (7 second rule applies)
- One test pass allowed only
- Eliminations run on Chicago Shootout rules, ie (the most wins goes to the final, or if a tie the fastest from previous round)
- All elimination pairings are “picked out of a hat” prior to R1, and will be posted online.
- Round 1 to be run: 5:30 pm
- Round 2 to be run: 6:30
- Round 3 to be run: 8pm
- Finals to be run at 9:30pm sharp
We will NOT BE WAITING for anyone to turn up in the lanes to run, that means if you are not in the lanes to run your round you will record a DNF/Loss for that round. Time cards for your runs will be made available as per normal.